4 days left
- Contract type
Experience level: Intermediate Term: Permanent Working hours: Full-time Team: Private Client Location: Romsey - Hampshire Specialism: Succession and Tax The firm
As one of the UK’s Top 100 law firms with offices in London, Bristol, Swindon, Bath, and Southampton, Thrings’ strategic growth over the past five years has provided a platform to build on the commercial focus of the firm and to offer the complete service for businesses and their owners. Thrings offers specialist advice in sectors such as Aerospace and Defence, Agriculture, Energy and Waste, Innovation and Technology, and Financial Services from partner-led teams whose expertise matches that found in much larger City firms.
The private client team has expertise in high end tax and wealth planning, asset management and investment issues. The residential property team works with bespoke and high value purchases and sales, letting and funding, refinancing and transfer of equity. The family team has extensive experience in all areas of relationship issues including those that arise from families in business.
Purpose of the role
To join the succession and tax team based in the new offices in Romsey - Hampshire.
The ideal candidate should have some experience of probate and administration of estates (but not essential), and be looking for a long term career as a "career paralegal" - not a stepping stone to a training contract.
- To manage appropriate filing systems, including file management on the word processor, following correct procedure to aid rapid retrieval and provide an effective source of information.
- Matter opening ensuring internal risk procedures are adhered to
- Liasing with clients, and responding to basic queries around matters.
- Assisting all team members in delivering a quality client service.
- Assisting the team in delivering the Business Plan.
- To comply with internal policies and practices, and the external SRA Code of Practice.
- To achieve personal performance targets, and to assist the team in delivering the annual budget.
- Assist Fee Earner/Partner with the conduct of certain smaller matters.
- Assist Fee Earner/Partner with the drafting of a variety of documentation.
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate:
- A law degree or equivalent professional qualification would be useful but not essential
- A career paralegal - not using this role as stepping stone to a training contract with the firm in the long run
Knowledge or a good understanding of: Probate and administration of estates
Good analytical and research skills; thinks laterally in relation to solving legal problems; Understands information and processes without the need for supervision;
Considers tasks with meaning and challenges appropriately.
Benefits on offer at Thrings:
There are many benefits to working at Thrings: Our culture and best practice in all our working relationships provide the key elements that contribute to Thrings being a great place to work.
In addition, you will receive a competitive salary, core benefits including life assurance, private medical cover and health cash plans, 25 days holiday and a flexible benefits package.