Senior Legal Cashier
2 days left
- Contract type
A fantastic opportunity is available in central Bradford for an experienced Senior Legal Cashier.
To manage the busy daily operations of the cashier's teams and work as part of those teams to ensure that all finance tasks are performed accurately ensuring compliance with all regulatory bodies and office procedure guides. Where necessary identifying and implementing improvements.
- Check & Produce Bills
- Print out cheques
- Client to office transfers
- Posting HMLR and HMCTS disbursements.
- Taking credit card payments & posting website card payments received
- Banking of cheques and posting electronic receipts paid directly into our bank accounts.
- Postings to ledgers: receipts in and payments out, write offs etc
- Prepare & send electronic payments (BACS, CHAPS, Fastpay, Foreign) for online banking
- Daily 'Client' and 'Office' Bank Reconciliations
- Administer 'designated deposit' client bank accounts
- Administer 'undesignated deposit' client bank account
- The administration of Purchase Ledger, posting invoices/credit notes, payment runs
- The administration of Counsel Fees
- The preparation of the daily and weekly reports
- Cancelling and re-issuing out of date & lost cheques
- The setting up of Direct Debits and Standing Orders from our Office Bank Account
- The posting of all Direct Debits and the control of the Standing Journals
- The administration of all cheques returned from the Bank unpaid
- Petty cash and expense claim forms
- Interest calculations payable to client on their balances
- Working with teams to ensure client balance are returned promptly and not retained unnecessarily.
- Payment of referral fees
- Daily scanning and filing, the department has no paper filing and all paperwork is scanned and filed.
The client is looking for an enthusiastic and intelligent individual who has extensive experience as a Legal Cashier and supervising a team. Strong SRA account knowledge, being computer literate and the ability to communicate clearly whilst working as part of a team are desirable.
This is a full time role with a negotiable salary between £25,000 and £30,000 per annum based on experience. Reporting in to the Finance director, the position has 6 direct reports so management skills are essential.
For more details and to apply for this role please forward your CV to Scarlett Willis at Clayton Legal using the links below. Clayton Legal recruits for law firms and In House departments across the UK. Based in the North West, our pedigree and service levels give those looking to move in the legal market and law firms looking to recruit a refreshingly different recruitment experience.
Apply for Senior Legal Cashier
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly