Recruitment Agency reference: 6610170
A position has arisen for a Legal Officer within a leading public sector organisation in Dorset. This is a key role providing support to the Property team on a 12 week temporary basis. It is paying between £11 - 14 per hour depending on experience.
Your duties will include:
- Carry out legal work needed for staircasing of Shared Ownership leases including obtaining valuations preparation of the memoranda and drafting of the Transfer in the case of full staircasing of a house, getting in completion funds, notifying other teams when a matter completes
- Carry out legal work needed on behalf of the landlord when a leaseholder's mortgagee pursues repossessions of Shared Ownership leases
- Look at assignments of long leases on behalf of the landlord including collating and providing replies to the leaseholder's solicitors enquiries and the surrender and regrant of leases where indicated by the legal title
- Deal with applications made by residents for purchasing their properties under “Right to Buy” or “Right to Acquire” legislation including checking the qualifying conditions and proceeding with the sales in accordance with the legislative procedure, to include preparation and completion of the transfer document and financial statements
- Process the sale of small areas of land in response to approved applications to buy – in liaison with other teams, preparation of appropriate sale deeds and getting in of funds
- Deal with such other property law related legal matters as needed from time to time such as party wall arrangements, licences for various activities, deeds of easement, wayleaves etc and providing assistance to other members of the legal team when needed and appropriate
This would be an ideal role for an accurate and hands on candidate who is ready to hit the ground running and add value to a team.
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more about similar roles please email your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.