Commercial IP/DP Lawyer - In-house
Our client is looking for an In-house Legal Counsel / Commercial Lawyer to join their highly regarded legal team. Based in London this is a varied role involving drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts and agreements. You will also be advising and assisting the business on a wide range of other legal matters including intellectual property and data protection.
The ideal candidate:
- A strong grounding in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts is essential
- Experience of advising on commercial, Intellectual Property (IP) and Data Protection (DP) legal matter
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate legal issues in a business-friendly way and influence key stakeholder
- Experience of dealing with multiple jurisdiction
- Able to effectively manage competing priorities and stakeholder expectation
- A UK qualified solicitor with strong academics and at least 2 years PQE
In-house experience would be desirable, but the client would consider a private practice lawyer looking to move in-house who could point to good business and commercial skills. Experience of the technology sector would also be a big plus.
Our client envisages that candidates with 2+ years PQE plus will have the relevant skills / knowledge for this position, however this has been given as an approximate guide for applicants and our client is happy to consider the applications of candidates who fall outside of this PQE range but who have the relevant experience.
For more information on this great in-house opportunity please contact Simon Campbell at QED Legal. If this position isn't for you but you know someone who could be suitable then please let us know. We offer a reward fee for any successful referrals. For full details please see our website.