Commercial Property Solicitor
An excellent opportunity for a Locum Commercial Property Solicitor has arisen within a Local Authority in the East Midlands. This position requires an established Lawyer who is looking for a challenging role handling a range of commercial property matters.
The contract is predicted to last for a minimum period of 3 months and there is a likelihood of extension beyond this. Ideally, the successful candidate could start as soon as possible on a full-time basis.
Day-to-day duties may include:
- Acting as a legal advisor to the client organisations in regeneration, commercial property and other corporate or constitutional and administrative matters to ensure compliance with statutory duties and obligations and to protect the best interests of the client organisations
- Dealing with purchases of property/land with a size or complexity that justifies a price of over £10m
- Dealing with an overage situation arising and being able to draft provisions (contractual or otherwise) to ensure the Council is protected from an unreasonable/excessive overage recovery from a vendor or the converse in terms of satisfactory recovery where the Council is the vendor
- Draft provisions that deal with linked construction contract warranties – to include environmental liabilities
- Working with minimal supervision and be comfortable in standing “his/her” ground using oral and written communication skills in dealing with large commercial solicitors who will have deployed a “squad” of Partner level fee earners on behalf of their client
Applications will be considered from Qualified Lawyers, Solicitors and Legal Executives with strong Local Authority experience. This position is offered on a full time basis and at a pay rate of up to £40ph Limited/Umbrella dependant on experience.
For further information, please contact Tom Hoult or Lauren Watts on 0121 616 0660. Or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to your application.
Venn Group aim to deliver the highest standards, so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
Apply for Commercial Property Solicitor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly