Industrial Disease Paralegal
Well established law firm requires an additional Paralegal for its’ Industrial Disease department based in Pontefract.
Duties will include:
- Attendance on clients and others in order to take statements, obtain information, make appointments and complete Legal Aid Agency (LAA) forms.
- Liaise between clients and experts and between clients and supervisor and with the other side as requested.
- Dealing with client queries and reporting to the appropriate fee earner.
- Preparing standard legal forms.
- Preparing and filing court documents
- Fixing dates for Court hearings and liaising with Counsel and court to find mutually convenient dates.
- Arranging conferences with Counsel and liaising with client, solicitor, barrister and experts.
- Preparation of bills and/or liaise with costs draftsman.
- Preparing LAA forms.
- Liaise with The Accident Line as requested
- Carry out benefit queries and deal with call queries
- Liaise with Welfare Benefits Advisor and accounts department as required.
- Obtain periodic payments on account as agreed by the fee earner.
- Carry relevant searches.
- To undertake other duties such as researching law, searching old files, obtaining documents, transporting clients, running errands and supporting fee earners as and when required.
You will need:
- Good client care skills.
- GCSE English grade C or above.
- Experience of working in an Industrial Disease or PI department in a law firm advantageous.
- Commitment to become fully knowledgeable in Industrial Disease Law through undertaking relevant training.
Office hours are 9.00am until 5.30pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00am until 5.00pm Friday.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience plus 20 days holidays plus bank holidays (plus 4 days over Christmas) and company pension scheme after 3 months.