Interim Chief Legal Officer/Director of Law & Governance
Venn Group's specialist legal team are excited to be recruiting for an Interim Chief Legal Officer/Director of Law & Governance to join a Local Authority legal team in East Anglia. The assignment is ideally to start as soon as possible for an initial period of 6 months and has a possibility of extension.
The successful applicant will have a thorough knowledge of Governance Law and will have managed their own caseload of matters in a Local Government environment.
You will be required to perform responsibilities to a high standard diligently and professionally, in accordance with all applicable statutory and regulatory standards, Authority policies and procedures as directed.
Day-to-day duties may include:
- Providing oversight and strategic leadership of the legal and democratic functions to ensure that services consistently meet service standards
- Supporting Members in shaping, debating and delivering the Council's key priorities through the effective management and administration of committees
- Keeping the Leadership Team updated on changes to statute and case law that impact on the Council and the services it delivers
- As Monitoring Officer, keeping the Council's Constitution updated and advising on its interpretation, application and review
- Acting as Money Laundering Reporting Officer, Qualified Person for Freedom of Information Act purposes, Senior Reporting Officer for RIPA
- Leading the performance and delivery of services, in particular demonstrating achievement of financial and service standard targets
- Ensuring the effective and efficient management of finances and people
The position offers an attractive daily rate which will be dependent on experience.
Ideally, the assignment will be offered on a full time basis however, part time applicants will also be considered. There is also flexibility in terms of working hours and the potential for home working.
To apply for this position, please contact Hannah Fritz-Lewis or Philippa Turner at Venn Group on 0121 616 0660, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group aim to achieve the highest standards so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care.
Venn Group acts as an employment agency and an employment business.