Sellick Partnership is currently assisting a local authority based in London with the recruitment of a Childcare Paralegal for an initial 3 month basis.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a large, friendly team within a sought-after local authority. The role is interesting, with no two days looking the same, making it an ideal role for someone who likes handling a variety of work. The main duties for this role include;
● Drafting C110 and C2 Forms
● Undertaking own caseload of s7 and s37 matters
● Drafting applications for care and supervision orders
● Preparing bundles for court, counsel and witnesses
● Taking and preparing witness statements
● Corresponding with court, other parties and social workers
● Drafting social worker's statements and care plans
● Preparing case summaries
● Attending Advocate meetings The successful candidate will ideally come from a local authority background, although this is not essential if a good understanding of public law in practice is demonstrated. The office is well located, situated within close proximity of shops and restaurants. The Childcare team are very sociable and have created a lovely working atmosphere, making this an enjoyable place to work. Local transport links are excellent, ensuring a steady commute to the office from London and the surrounding areas. We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Rayhaneh Tehrani in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.