Paralegal – Litigation
Paralegal – Litigation
Located in Shefford (Bedfordshire), Northamptonshire or Huntingdon (with travel between branch offices as required)
LGSS Law Ltd is an innovative social enterprise law firm providing legal services to the public and not for profit sector. We have grown significantly in recent years and in addition to our head office in Huntingdon, we have branch offices, in Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire (Shefford) and Cambridge. We pride ourselves on giving high quality, comprehensive and affordable advice to our many clients, who include local authorities, health bodies, charities, schools and housing associations across the region.
We are seeking to recruit a Paralegal – Criminal Litigation and a Paralegal – Civil Litigation to join our Litigation Team to undertake matters in criminal and civil litigation and other areas of legal practice where necessary.
• To assist a team of Lawyers in the provision of a professional legal service to a range of public sector and not for profit clients regarding their litigation matters whilst ensuring awareness of and compliance with legal duties within client organisations and protecting their best interests.
• To manage a case load and to provide support to Lawyers in the preparation of cases.
• To ensure the effective identification and awareness of risks associated with the relevant areas of legal practice.
• To provide support to Lawyers and act as a point of contact on a variety of cases, to include taking instructions and giving advice, carrying out research, preparing applications, drafting documents and correspondence, commissioning and instructing expert witnesses, liaising with witnesses, attending meetings and providing advice and representation in courts or tribunals.
• To develop, train and advise clients in legal skills and specific areas of law as appropriate.
In return we offer an exceptional opportunity to develop your career at the forefront of innovation in legal services delivery. We provide a flexible, modern working environment equipped with the technology needed to enable you to balance the pressures of a busy role. If the chance to play a part in this fast-paced but increasingly interesting area of law grabs you, we want to hear from you.
Closing date for applications: Monday 9th April 2018 For a copy of the full Job Description and Person Specification and details of our other vacancies, please visit www.lgsslaw.co.uk.
PLEASE NOTE: we will only accept applications where a covering letter supporting a CV is submitted.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your knowledge and experience relevant to the role you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org.