Our client delivers the highest standards and strives for excellence for their clients across Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Cambridgeshire. Through their commitment to developing strong and long-lasting relationships, they have created the foundation of a successful business and achieved many prestigious accolades including Legal 500, Chambers UK, LEXCEL and Investors in People. This firm now has the need to recruit a Conveyancing Assistant to join the Residential Conveyancing team, based at the Cambridge office. The role is a mixture of secretarial and paralegal duties.
- Minimum of 18 months residential conveyancing experience
- Strong secretarial skills
- Well organised with good IT and Administration skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Have an excellent telephone manner
- Ability to work under pressure to set deadlines
- Willingness to work well as part of a busy, friendly team
- A commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Carrying out a secretarial role to support Fee Earners.
- Assisting with a broad variety of administrative tasks, from audio typing to filing confidential client correspondence.
- Having direct client contact, via telephone, email and face to face.
- Ensuring departmental systems and firm-wide procedures are followed.
- To manage an agreed caseload
- To process client's cases on a timely and cost effective basis
- To collect outstanding disbursements as soon as feasible and to bill promptly
- Dealing with and logging client enquiries
- Dealing with email and any other correspondence
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post
- Preparing Stamp Duty Land Tax Returns
- Preparing applications to the land registry
- Preparing completion statements
- To keep technically up to date by training and research
- To maintain targets for both fees and time recording
- Adhering to all Lexcel accreditation best practices
In return, this firm offers a competitive salary, a supportive and friendly environment with colleagues who are passionate about what they do.