Interim Chief Legal Officer
Interim Chief Legal Officer required to join great local authority for an initial 6 month basis with the possibility for extension thereafter.
The specification of this role will include:
- Providing oversight and strategic leadership of the legal and democratic functions to ensure that services consistently meet service standards.
- Providing legal advice to protect the Council from successful legal challenge.
- Ensuring high standards of ethical conduct within the organisation, keeping Members briefed on the standards expected of them in public life and dealing with complaints about Member conduct.
- Supporting Members in shaping, debating and delivering the Council's key priorities through the effective management and administration of committees.
- Acting a Monitoring Officer
- Act as Money Laundering Reporting Officer, Qualified Person for Freedom of Information Act purposes, Senior Reporting Officer for RIPA.
As an Interim Chief Legal Officer, the successful candidate will be a fully-qualified solicitor or barrister with evidence of continued professional development. Experience of working within a local authority is also desirable, however candidates from private practise would also be considered.
This is the perfect opportunity to join a fantastic team as Chief Legal Officer, with a competitive daily rate on offer.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Alexis Aarons in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.