An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Childcare Solicitor to join the legal team of a successful Local Authority in the East Midlands. The position is to start ASAP and the client is seeking a suitable candidate on a permanent basis.
Applications are welcome from qualified Solicitors or Barristers with a minimum of 1 year Childcare law experience preferably gained from working within a Local Government organisation.
The duties on a day-to-day basis are as follows:
- To act as a legal advisor to the client organisations in relation to their Children's social care functions
- Advise upon and conduct proceedings relating to the care and protection of children and young people to secure the proper course of action and balanced and favourable judgements
- To provide legal advice and support services to clients, to liaise with clients and other witnesses and to advise on the appropriate course of action in both civil and criminal proceedings
- To attend courts and tribunals undertaking advocacy where required and to represent clients in negotiations and discussions with third parties in matters regarding the areas of legal practice relevant to the post
- To support the management team in building and maintaining effective working relationships with clients to ensure the delivery of a seamless and client focussed service
- To contribute to the development, training or mentoring of colleagues where required
A salary of between £36,989 and £49,296 dependent upon experience is offered.
Travel between offices may be required from time to time and flexible working hours may be considered for the right candidate.
To apply for this position, please contact Philippa Turner or Hannah Fritz-Lewis at Venn Group on 0121 616 0660, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group aim to achieve the highest standards so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care.
Venn Group acts as an employment agency and an employment business.