Commercial Associate 5 PQE+
We are looking for an Associate to help with a range of work in our Commercial and Infrastructure Department in Bristol, with much of the work arising from procurements of infrastructure projects or service provision. The broader department is involved in a wider variety of commercial and complex contracting work: joint ventures, construction and engineering; outsourced service provision; new forms of delivery and funding of works, infrastructure and front and back office services.
We are recruiting an Associate with a minimum of 5 years PQE.
The role will involve a mix commercial work in a variety of sectors which could range from:
- Infrastructure projects: highways, waste, energy, education, leisure, regeneration
- The need for growth including new forms of partnerships and new structures and contracts to deliver services.
- Variations and contract management including PFI and PPP schemes and outsourcing projects
- Back office service provision: shared services, in-house, joint venture, outsourcing
- Front office service provision: shared services, new corporate arrangements
- Procurement support: running procurements (or bidding) for projects such as those described above
- Commercialisation agenda with Local Government
We act for a very large number of Local Authorities, NHS Bodies as well as a number of private sector clients and Registered Providers. Much of the anticipated work will be for Local Authorities and private sector clients bidding back to that sector.
Our prime requirement is for good lawyers capable of thinking carefully and on their feet but who have considerable drive and energy with experience of or an ambition to help lead and drive our business development in these areas.
You may currently be in private practice or working for the public sector or in-house.
You may have experience in, or may simply wish to pursue your career in these areas. Experience is not essential for the right person with drive and enthusiasm.
Accordingly, we welcome applicants with commercial experience which could be in infrastructure projects, outsourcing, running procurements or a wide range of other backgrounds.
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com with your CV and covering letter.