Employment Barrister / Solicitor
1 day left
- Contract type
iTribunal is a specialist law firm which only handles Employment Tribunal claims for claimants.
We are looking for qualified Solicitors & Barristers, living in England, Scotland & Wales. These roles are available full-time or part-time - you can choose your own caseload, and you will work from home or in your own chambers, so you choose what hours you work. Perfect for people who have childcare responsibilities, adult carers, people looking for a better work-life balance or for barristers looking to undertake extra work in their chambers. Earnings based on workload - full-time expected earnings are £62,500 p.a.
You will take on cases which have already been pre-qualified by our New Cases Team and you’ll have an experienced Paralegal to work on each case with you who will produce the first draft of the ET1, Schedule of Loss and Witness Statements for your approval.
Your role will be to take the lead on each case, which will include:
- Reading the Case Handover file
- Meeting the Claimant to discuss the case in detail
- Amend/rewrite pleadings in the ET1 drafted by the Paralegal
- Conducting settlement discussions with the Respondent
- Working with the Paralegal, responding to directions from the Tribunal
- Representing the Claimant at Preliminary and Full Hearing if required.
The emphasis is on taking the lead in how the case is handled, conducting settlement discussions and representing the Claimant
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualified Solicitor with Employment Law experience
- Qualified Barrister with Employment Law experience
- You need to be a deal-maker – a good negotiator and driven to get cases settled.
- You need to have a flexible enough life to be able to schedule time for Claimant meetings and Tribunal hearings
- You must have a good computer and fast broadband/ fibre-optic internet connection. Our system is entirely internet-based, so you need to be comfortable with working on computers online.