East Midlands based global music company seeks flexible working in-house solicitor / Counsel to act on its behalf.
The company works around the globe partnering with major corporations whilst servicing high profile record labels and artists through to start-up companies and artists. We offer digital music and video distribution, label services and music publishing activities.
The role would be varied and requires experience and expertise in a variety of areas. Home working is a viable option with occasional meetings as needed at the head office in Leicester or mutual location in London. This is not a full-time role and would be on an "as needed basis". We seek a person who is robust when dealing with negotiations or litigation, has a proven track record and is a fully registered member of the Law Society. Ideally a PQE of 10+ years.
Experience in the following is essential:
- Provide sound advice on legal, IP, trade mark and corporate matters to the board of directors.
- Review and keep up to date our company contracts.
- Review and advise on contracts received from companies to us.
- In case of higher profile companies looking to work with us, be a part of the contract negotiation team.
- Intellectual Property.
- UK Corporate Law
- International IP and Corporate Law.
- Deal with any litigation issues.
The ideal candidate will be highly organised, able to work in the digital domain with ability to work within our digital processes, good presentation and communication skills and well connected within the music industry.
By CV and covering letter firstname.lastname@example.org