Lawyer Team Manager
Are you a looking to escape the monotony of billable hours, the aloof culture of a traditional law firm and achieve a good work / life balance, giving you the quality of life you really want?
The company is a completely independent, not-for-profit organisation that has been on the side of the consumer for over half a century.
They work on behalf of the consumer and they have over 1.5 million members and supporters. They are the singularly largest independent consumer body in the UK.
They have a commitment to providing unbiased advice to consumers, and that is at the heart of everything that they do.
They employ over 650 staff, who all work towards the same goal - make the individual as powerful as the organisations they have to deal with in their daily lives.
They have real purpose with their genuine passion for helping people and that truly runs through.
This is a multi-faceted role. You'll balance your days providing expert legal advice to customers as well as leading your team of legal advisers ensuring every customer receives a great service.
Your line management responsibilities will include conducting regular one to one's, call listening and coaching so this is a very rewarding role, based in the heart of Bristol, Somerset.
You will offer free legal advice to the organisations members. The members pay annually for the privilege of this service.
The days are varied, you will receive a call and engage, help by giving the relevant advice and then the case is closed, and you are free to help the next member.
As such, it will be a very rewarding role for someone that is conscientious and empathetic.
Due to the nature of the work you will benefit from a fantastic quality of life and work life balance. When you leave at the end of the day, your cases are finished and you can switch off and relax, something that your peers in Private Practice will be very envious of indeed.
This role will be based in the heart of Bristol.
This role will have you working with an experienced team and managing them.
You will deal with a broad range of people and varied matters.
Key responsibilities include:
- Researching and responding to legal problems referred on the telephone or e mail
- Maintaining your professional expertise through various means including course attendance, reading of legal journals, in line with, but not limited to CPD requirements
- Helping with new products and business developments
- Monitoring customer satisfaction levels
- Presenting a sound knowledge of relevant law in communications with external contacts including media work where applicable
- Providing legal advice to other departments within the company
- Handling complaints and investigations in line with our complaints procedure
- Leading and motivating your team
- Performing monthly call and e mail monitoring for your team members (including timely feedback)
- Conducting monthly 1:1's, performance reviews, coaching and development
- Carrying out ad hoc tasks as required
* You will be an Qualified Solicitor or ILEX with at least 5 years PQE (I strongly urge even the most experienced solicitor to apply)
* You will achieve excellent work life balance and quality of life
* You will deal with some very interesting, rewarding cases and help individuals in the process
* You should have excellent technical knowledge with an eye for attention to detail
* Based in Bristol.
* Salary is £50-£60,000 a year but this may be more for an exceptional candidate
The rewards package is one of the best out there.
In addition to a competitive salary the company offers a generous 28 days holiday, life assurance and a fantastic pension scheme where they will contribute 11% after just one year of service.
Their office is in the heart of the city centre - a stone's throw from Cabot Circus and a short walk from Bristol Temple Meads station. It's a very friendly office so expect to make new friends.
This is a full time position - 35 hours per week however they will consider applications from people wishing to work flexibly.
This opportunity would suit someone looking to escape the monotony of billable hours move away from Private Practice and gain more in terms of quality of life.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced qualified Solicitor / ILEX to join an excellent team with a real family feel and great career progression.
Apply now for immediate consideration or feel free to give me a call for a confidential conversation!