An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Childcare Solicitor to join the legal team of a successful Local Authority in the Northern Home Counties. The position is to start ASAP and the client is seeking a suitable candidate on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate must be able to manage their own caseload of Childcare matters and comfortable representing in court.
The duties on a day-to-day basis are as follows:
- Assisting in the provision of a comprehensive legal service to the Council, its Executive, Committees, Sub-Committees and to departments
- Providing legal advice and being responsible for a personal caseload of Childcare and related matters
- Advocating before Courts or Tribunals in relation to Childcare cases
- Demonstrating strong persuasive and analytical skills as well as being decisive and computer literate
- Planning and prioritising own caseload within broad guidelines and working under limited supervision
- Enhancing existing knowledge of English Law, Childcare Law and Law of Evidence
- Flexible/agile working arrangements
- Payment of SRA Practising Certificate
- Childcare vouchers (salary sacrifice scheme)
- Generous holiday entitlement – 26 days increasing to 31 days after 5 years service
- Local government pension with generous employer contribution
- Excellent support and development
- Relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- Half price season ticket train travel
- Discounted shopping including gym membership
A salary of between £37,306 and £40,057 a year plus £3,203 car benefit allowance, dependent upon experience is offered.
Applications are welcome from qualified Solicitors or Barristers with strong local government and Childcare law experience.
To apply for this position, please contact Philippa Turner or Hannah Fritz-Lewis at Venn Group on 0121 616 0660, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group aim to achieve the highest standards so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care.
Venn Group acts as an employment agency and an employment business.