In-House Legal Counsel
Your new company
Gigaclear is one of the fastest and most reliable broadband networks in the UK. With ultrafast, pure fibre broadband, Gigaclear's broadband heralds a new era in connectivity. About Gigaclear
The company was founded in 2010 by Matthew Hare, Chief Executive and has grown from strength to strength. Gigaclear has been selected as the preferred supplier for new a range of new BDUK contracts for Ultrafast networks rural areas namely; Devon and Somerset, Northamptonshire, Herefordshire and Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Essex and Berkshire.
Your new role
Due to organic growth, Gigaclear seek to bolster their in-house legal team and as a result an opportunity for a Legal professional has arisen to support the Head of Legal within their Head Office in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. Developing people from within has always been a key priority and as the business continues to grow, it is important to highlight for the right person, they can develop this opportunity further and form their own niche.
"Gigaclear are looking for a motivated, self-starting legal professional to assist the Head of Legal in supporting the following business areas:
- Operations - including civil engineering works, network operation and maintenance
- Retail & wholesale sales & marketing
- Corporate governance & funding
- Compliance & GDPR
What you'll need to succeed
The role requires advice and counselling to assist the business to understand the legal and regulatory framework and to understand potential risks. Skills will include drafting, negotiating, counselling, dispute resolution and management of litigation. Some experience of telecoms law, wayleaves and the Electronic Communications Code desirable but not essential.
- Legal qualification (LPC or CILEx)
- Proven legal experience working within a similar, commercial environment.
- Experience within telecoms & communtications is desirable but not essential.
- A strong understanding of contracts law and standard terms as well as drafting skills
- An ability to operate within a team and independently
- A self-starter with an ability to offer sensible guidance to both internal and external stakeholders
What you'll get in return
The successful candidate will exhibit a practical, solution driven, business-based approach to problem solving and exceptional interpersonal skills that facilitate prompt, constructive solutions for business partners on matters pertaining to legal management and strategy, operating standards, best practices and standards related to business laws and regulations. What you'll need to succeed
- Up to £45,000 (depending on experience and PQE)
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working available
- A friendly and collaborative working environment
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.