Clinical Negligence EL/PL Solicitor
Our client is a market leader with offices all over the UK and they are looking for one paralegal and one solicitor to join the team on a secondment at a hospital
The specialist Healthcare team covers all aspects of healthcare and related areas of law and practice, including child law, clinical negligence, clinical governance, consent to treatment, healthcare advisory and mental health. They provide a supportive, proactive service based on a deep understanding of NHS procedures and the social/political background of public healthcare. The expert team includes doctors and nurses among other health professionals, all with specialist medical knowledge in key areas.
To manage a caseload of pre-litigated and litigated cases and inquests on secondment at Tameside Hospital.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To manage inquests and pre-litigated claims.
- To carry out investigations and liaise with clinicians regarding non-litigated and litigated claims and inquests.
- Complete client MI procedures/databases
- Achieve set financial and chargeable hours targets
- Ensure relevant deadlines, quality measures and KIPS are adhered to
- Comply with relevant policies and procedures
- Work in accordance with the firms' values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
The person specification
- Defendant PI litigation experience
- Inquest experience
- Knowledge of CPR procedure with proven technical ability
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and timescales
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Can-do attitude
- Flexible approach
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.