Locum Childcare Legal Assistant
Venn Group's specialist legal team are excited to be recruiting for a Locum Childcare Legal Assistant to join a Local Authority in the West Midlands.
This position is offered on a full-time locum basis with a predicted contract length of at least 5 months with possibility of further extension. Experience of working with a Local Authority would be advantageous and candidates should be able to demonstrate practical experience in childcare matters. Candidates with a background in private practice dealing with family matters will also be considered.
The main duties for the role are as follows:
- Preparing documentation in relation to legal proceedings including care proceedings, other Children Act 1989 proceedings, Court of Protection proceedings, and non-school attendance prosecutions
- To conduct non-contentious proceedings such as discharge of care order proceedings under the supervision of the Team Leader
- Advising on legal and procedural matters under the supervision of the Team Leader
- Preparing and requesting witness statements
- Liaising with the Courts and other stakeholders
- Attending Court hearings and meetings with lawyers
- Providing support to the Team Leader, Social Care and Education Team in regards to general queries, research and case preparation
- Recording time worked to charge out to clients
- To comply with Lexcel practice management procedures and to endorse and implement client care policies
The position is offering an attractive rate of between £10-14 per hour, dependant on experience. To apply for this role, please contact Lauren Watts or Simran Kumar on 0121 616 0660. Alternatively, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to your application.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.