Defendant Personal Injury Solicitor
Our client has offices throughout the UK and are market leaders in Insurance matters and they are looking for an NQ-2 PQE to join the large loss team and deal with catasrophic injury matters
The national Large Loss team provides an expert, experienced legal service dealing with claims involving injuries of the utmost severity and more complex technical insurance work. The team handles claims reserved at a minimum of £500,000, representing around £750 million of client reserves. The majority of claims they deal with are motor, but they also cover employers' liability, public liability and product liability, as well as substantial dependency fatality claims. Typical cases involve brain, spinal and amputation injuries.
Assist partners and senior associates defending technical and catastrophic PI cases under supervision. Conducting any relevant investigations such as collating and reviewing disclosure documents; obtaining witness statements; assessing relevant heads of loss, instructing experts; drafting directions and case summaries; instructing counsel; preparing draft updates to clients and letters to third parties in order to repudiate and/or compromise the claim as appropriate.
- Assist in reviewing case upon instruction
- Assist in initial investigations and in reporting to clients/prepare internal strategy report as appropriate
- Review and analyse databases and make further investigations as appropriate
- Liaise with other solicitors, insurers, police, HSEand witnesses to gather evidence
- Instruct various experts as appropriate
- Control Case Manager Diary and action lists
- Attend at court hearings as appropriate
- Attend conferences and JSMs as directed by partner, subject to client approval
- Draft letters, reports, reserve sheets and action plans as directed
- Direct contact with client as delegated
- Complete Client MI procedures and update Large Loss database
- Achieve set financial and chargeable targets
- Comply with Data Protection Compliance and Procedures
- Comply with CPR/rehabilitation protocol
- Keep up to date with legal developments in high value personal injury
- Experience of technical motor issues would be preferable.
This list is not exhaustive.
The person specification
- Experience of personal injury litigation work
- Knowledge of CPR procedures
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Ability to work as part of a team
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.