Commercial / DP Lawyer - In-house
Our client is looking for a Legal Counsel to come in and assist the Company and its Group companies in matters relating to data protection (including compliance with GDPR); and general commercial legal advice.Based in Sevenoaks.
This is a great opportunity to join a highly regarded legal department in a company that is looking to grow in the company years. You will be involved in a variety of legal matters not just limited to insurance matters and will be given the opportunity to progress and develop your career.
You will act as the Company expert on data protection matters (including GDPR) with lead legal responsibility for ensuring compliance with existing and future data protection laws. The successful candidate will be involved in the following:
- Advising on GDPR implementation,
- Proactively monitoring changes in data protection legislation and guidance and working with key internal stakeholders) to establish and embed data protection best-practice,
- Reviewing, updating and improving privacy notices, cookie statements, marketing and PR strategies
- Providing clear written and verbal advice, guidance and training on data protection issues as required
- Acting as escalation point for difficult and unusual subject access requests and / or data protection complaints
- Responding to data protection breaches and / or regulatory enquiries (including regulatory reporting)
- Working with the Group Company Secretary to ensure all appropriate data protection
- Reviewing, drafting and advising on general commercial agreements including non-disclosure, distribution and procurement (including IT), framework, outsourcing and other agreements relating to the sale and / or purchase of goods and services.
- Reviewing, updating and improving policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Assisting with and advising on all other legal matters relating to Group companies
- Providing support on projects and legal issues as and when required
- Providing general assistance to the Group General Counsel and other members of the legal team as required
- Dealing with contentious matters as and when required, including drafting letters before action, settlement agreements and attending court or tribunal hearings.
Our client envisages that candidates with 4+ years PQE plus will have the relevant skills / knowledge for this position, however this has been given as an approximate guide for applicants and our client is happy to consider the applications of candidates who fall outside of this PQE range but who have the relevant experience.
For more information on this great in-house opportunity please contact Simon Campbell at QED Legal. If this position isn't for you but you know someone who could be suitable then please let us know. We offer a reward fee for any successful referrals. For full details please see our website.