Commercial Property Paralegal
Commercial Property Paralegal - Maidstone, Kent - £20,000 - £25,000 (Training Contract Opportunities)
A top Legal 500 regional firm is looking for an enthusiastic paralegal to add to their Commercial Property department in Maidstone, Kent. You will have at least 2 years experience working in Commercial Property and be willing to progress within the firm with the desire to eventually handling your own case load of Commercial Property files.
About the Commercial Property team in Maidstone, Kent:
Our specialist Commercial Property team in Maidstone, Kent is developing an enviable position in the market and deals with high quality transactional work for commercial property clients, investors and developers. Their work involves planning, construction law, environmental law and regulatory services. We understand both the commercial and legal issues facing our clients and have the technical competence and processes in place to ensure that we deliver our services efficiently and effectively.
About the role:
The main focus of the Commercial Property paralegal will be to work alongside skilled fee earners in the commercial property team and manage your own caseload of lower value matters with the support at hand as and when you require. You will also be assisting the skilled fee earners with their more complex and senior transactions.
* Running basic commercial property transactions with supervision as required
* Dealing with the processes of 'exchange' and 'completion' together with post-completion work, registrations and completing on-line SDLT forms
* Running plot sales transactions, with supervision as required including chain chasing
* Liaising with clients and the other side's solicitors; giving advice/updates and building a rapport
* Providing general assistance with property searches and investigation on title
* Assisting with the financial control of matters
* Providing administrative support to the fee earners in the team (research, photocopying, proof reading)
* Achieving a target of 1000 hours of chargeable work per year as well as two hours of non-chargeable activity per day (or pro rated if part-time)
Do you have?
* At least two year's previous legal work experience in commercial property work
* Proven experience delivering excellent client care skills
* Desirable but not essential, have some knowledge or experience of residential conveyancing background
* Qualified to Degree level
* Ideally LPC qualified (although a bright and keen A' Level student with the appropriate Property experience would also be considered)
* Solid IT skills with a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook including good keyboarding skills, as you will be self-sufficient
* Good numeracy skills in order to deal accurately with account balances
* A confident and pleasant telephone manner, able to demonstrate assertiveness where necessary
* Good analytical and communication skills
* The ability to work well under pressure, with a robust and resilient attitude in order to deal effectively with challenging clients
* Excellent organisational skills
* The ability to work as part of a team, and support all its members
* A committed, keen and hard working attitude
* The desire to learn and develop your skills and expertise
* A good eye for detail, presentation and overall high work standards
In return for your hardwork the firm offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package. Training contracts are available with the firm to internal applicants.
Applications are currently being shortlisted for interview therefore please apply now for immediate consideration.
Please contact Jonathan Hoose, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. You can therefore apply for our London legal jobs with confidence. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Please see our website www.douglas-scott.co.uk for more legal positions in London and the South East.