Commercial Property Solicitor
Our client is a commercial heavyweight with an international presence and they are looking for a further commercial property solicitor to join the team in the Newcastle office
The real estate team has an impressive public and private sector client base and a strong pipeline of work and this provides an outstanding opportunity for the successful candidate to join a highly experienced and ambitious top tier national real estate team within an international practice committed to delivering an excellent client service. The team has experienced significant growth and its primary focus lies in the residential, commercial, education and health sectors.
* Acting as first and primary contact for clients on a day to day basis providing them with commercially focused legal advice;
* Adhering closely to client protocol and process;
* Making an appropriate contribution to non-fee-earning activity e.g. knowledge sharing, training, client seminars, and business development;
* Complying with the required standards for internal procedures e.g. financial management of files, billing regimes etc. as well as the specific requirements of individual clients;
* Handling confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols
Successful candidates will have around 2-5 years PQE experience in real estate, be enthusiastic and dedicated, have a strong work ethic and be keen to seize the opportunity to progress their legal career by developing their technical skills and commercial awareness in a friendly, supportive and collaborative working environment.
* A commercial property solicitor with experience of freehold and leasehold transactions acting for public and private sector clients, development project experience would be beneficial.
* Ability to deliver against client protocols and KPIs.
* Strong technical skills and an ability to understand and work through complex issues
* A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an 'academic' approach to legal issues and to be highly client focused
* Ability to operate with a high level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority
* Team oriented and collegiate
* Some exposure to and success within business development activities
* Confident communicator with an ability to develop relationships internally, as well as being able to undertake client marketing and influence at all levels. Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues, building up strong relationships.
* Strong organisation skills to ensure a pragmatic and methodical approach to handling a variety of Real Estate matters simultaneously, through an IT case management system.
* Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
* Able to handle a complex and constantly changing workload and to work under pressure.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.