Defendant PI Solicitor
3 days left
- Contract type
Our client is a National firm with an excellent reputation in commercial Insurance work amongst other areas of law. They are looking for an NQ-5PQE with defendant EL/PL experience to join the Manchester team
The Casualty team provides a full, expert service in defending public and employers' liability claims, particularly workplace, public sector and claims against the emergency services. This team is second-to-none in providing defendant litigation services in these specialist areas. They operate on a national basis with dedicated workplace, public and police teams.
To assist other fee earners with their caseloads, of fast and multi track litigated EL/PL cases for a wide range of clients.
To assist with a caseload of mainly stress at work type claims - as well as other EL and PL cases.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Assist in managing a caseload of defendant litigated EL/PL claims
- Draft and perform legal research, investigations, etc
- Attend at conferences and Court
- Communicate with clients, counsel and other parties
- Ensure your training and development needs are met
- Complete client MI procedures as and when required
- Achieve set financial and chargeable targets
- Ensure relevant deadlines, quality measures and KIPS are adhered to
- Comply with relevant policies and procedures
- Work in accordance with the firms' values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
The person specification
- Defendant EL\PL experience
- Litigation experience
- Knowledge of CPR procedures and have proven technical ability and record of achievement
- Knowledge of Lexcel procedure
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Flexible approach
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.
Apply for Defendant PI Solicitor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly