Defendant PI Solicitor
Our client has a strong International presence and also a well established national Presence. They are looking to recruit an NQ-2PQE to join the Birmingham team and deal with Defendant RTA Personal Injury
- Handle a varied case load of litigated motor cases with appropriate levels of supervision. These will include cases where liability is disputed.
* The successful individual will work exclusively with one leading insurance client, dealing with a mixture of individual and corporate clients
* The successful candidate will need the appropriate skills to deal with specialist handling arrangements arising from acting for large corporate nominations
- Achieve a minimum budgeted annual target of 1440 chargeable hours per year
- To hit, maintain and apply a consistent approach to all individual targets of financial performance, realisation rates, settlement rate and average claim spend
- Maintain an awareness of firm procedures and strategies
- Assume responsibility for quality control and benchmark compliance on own caseload, including accuracy and timeliness of management reporting and information
- Act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications
- Support marketing and business development activity within the team e.g. attending marketing events and client training
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols
The Birmingham motor team are looking to recruit an NQ solicitor / Paralegal who has experience in motor liability. A law degree or equivalent is preferable but not essential.
The successful candidate will also be expected to meet the following criteria:
- Be a confident communicator, who can communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in written form
- Able to demonstrate strong team working skills and that they are a flexible and self motivated team player
- Have excellent organisational skills and able to effectively prioritise and organise workload/tasks
- Have an ability to adopt a commercial perspective to legal issues
- Able to produce work to a high standard, with excellent attention to detail
- Have a concern for quality of service
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet required deadlines; and
- Must be able to work on own initiative and unsupervised
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.