Professional Indemnity Solicitor
Our client is a market leader in commercial insurance with a national presence and they are looking for a 1-5PQE to join the professional negligence team in Liverpool
The national Speciality Insurance team provides litigation and advisory services to the insurance industry. The team is experienced in handling claims across a diverse range of professional disciplines, coverage and reinsurance issues. They act on behalf of insurers, professional practices and regulatory bodies, and they have particular experience in dealing with the legal, brokerage, construction and financial services sectors. Members of the team regularly deal with high profile and sensitive issues with far reaching implications and litigate cases in which landmark decisions are reached. They have helped to resolve claims worth over £100m by means of mediation during the last year
To manage a caseload, and assist others with their caseloads, of a wide variety of professional negligence and related ca.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manage own caseload of, primarily, professional indemnity cases
- Assist other case handlers with their caseloads involving more complex and higher value claims
- Draft and perform legal research, investigations, etc
- Provide advice to clients on insurance coverage
- Attend at conferences and Court
- Communicate with clients, counsel and other parties, including the production of written reports to clients
- Complete client and internal MI procedures
- Achieve set financial and chargeable targets
- Ensure relevant deadlines, quality measures and KIPS are adhered to
- Comply with relevant policies and procedures
- Work in accordance with the firms' values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
The person specification
- Qualified Solicitor
- Experience of professional risk work, including legal, financial and or construction professionals
- Experience of advising on insurance coverage and acting in coverage disputes
- Litigation experience and CPR knowledge
- Knowledge of the practices and requirements of insurer clients and an ability to work to meet those
- Enthusiasm for client development, including providing training and writing articles
- Willingness to innovate and develop new skills and products
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Flexible approach
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, including to produce written reports to clients etc to the very high standard required
Proficiency in standard document software (Office etc) and ability to learn to use new software, e.g. the firms' case management and finance systems, with training.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.