Commercial Contracts Solicitor
4 days left
- Contract type
Reports to: Director and Head of Risk
Purpose of job:
Review of contractual arrangements with third party suppliers and assistance with the implementation of a more rigorous third party supplier management programme.
What's in it for you?
Our client is a progressive firm always looking for ways to build on existing processes. They are looking for a commercial contracts lawyer to work alongside a dynamic and diverse team based around the globe, and in particular with the Risk team based in Manchester who are leading on their supply chain management project.
You will be the lead on all UK supplier commercial contractual reviews and will be involved in our supply chain management project for UK suppliers. There may also be some exposure to non-UK contracts and processes. This is an interesting and exciting opportunity for anyone looking to work in a global law firm and build or extend their knowledge of commercial contracts and procurement work.
This is a full-time role based in the firms Manchester office for a fixed term of 12 months (maternity leave cover).
The successful candidate will:
* manage and review commercial third party supplier contracts for the firm in accordance with the Firm's risk based review process. These will mostly be UK based but some will be based overseas or involve cross border issues. Contracts vary from lower-value, low-risk suppliers to high-value, Firmwide, higher-risk contracts.
* assist staff in our Business Services teams to become more self-reliant when reviewing contracts and dealing with procurement issues generally
* build strong relationships and work closely and in a collaborative manner with key stakeholders across the firm to embed new processes and procedures for contract review and procurement generally
* liaise with external suppliers (and/or assisting Business Services staff to do so) including review of contract, providing commentary and reasoning on acceptability of terms, negotiating any contentious points and agreeing final form contracts
* assist on the Modern Slavery/supply chain management project, providing support on implementation of processes, risk assessments, due diligence, training, implementation and embedding third party supplier management approach
* assist on the supplier side issues of our global anti-bribery and corruption compliance framework
* manage the firm's pipeline of supplier contracts, liaising with internal stakeholders for updates and horizon scanning and ensuring that central records are kept up-to-date
* liaise on complex matters with Risk team colleagues as necessary
The Risk & Compliance team is based in London, Manchester, Singapore, Russia and Abu Dhabi. The team works closely together to ensure a cohesive approach on all initiatives. They are very diverse and inclusive and welcome candidates of this nature.
Key stakeholders for the team are those that work within the firm (globally) and a number of third parties, including regulators, clients and suppliers. This role will involve liaising with the firm's Business Services departments and third party suppliers, some being based overseas.
Experience and knowledge
* Legal qualifications and/or substantive experience of reviewing commercial contracts and recognising where amendments are necessary
* Experience of negotiating commercial contracts
* Project management experience
* Educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualification
* Procurement experience
* Experience of managing a third party supplier programme, including processes for risk assessment and due diligence
Skills and competencies
* Ability to build strong relationships quickly with internal stakeholders and external third parties
* Ability to negotiate with suppliers, both with large organisations and small entities/sole traders to establish acceptable levels of protection for the firm
* Ability to communicate complex legal terms in plain English to non-lawyers
* Possess a high level of commercial awareness
* Ability to work to tight and often competing deadlines
* Ability to prioritise and organise workload effectively to meet deadlines
* Be able to work under pressure
* Possess good spoken and written communication
* Have special attention to detail
* Ability to work with a team and independently
* Be professional, credible confident and a problem-solver
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Generally IT literate
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.
Apply for Commercial Contracts Solicitor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly