Paralegal, Commercial Group, 12 months Fixed Term Contract, Birmingham - A unique opportunity for a Paralegal with a Degree and LPC or ILEX qualification and 6-12 months commercial experience to join an innovative city law firm. Call us now on 0121 454 1004.
JOB TITLE: Paralegal - 12 months FTC
EXP REQUIRED: 6-12 months experience within a commercial practice area
LOCATION: Birmingham, West Midlands (Commutable from: Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Herefordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire)
SALARY: Excellent salary and benefits package
A leading UK law firm with a national presence is recruiting for a Paralegal to join their innovative top ranking Commercial department. The Lawyers within this team are very experienced, intelligent, commercially minded and supreme negotiators. They deal with matters from contracts for e-business to major outsourcing projects, and whether relating to purchasing, production, marketing, selling, infrastructure or technology, their lawyers understand the need to be both commercial and apply the law in real life situations in partnering their clients to achieve their commercial objectives.
- Managing all dealer funding security transactions for dealer funding clients (under supervision).
- Provide day to day brand advertising support to key clients.
- Provide day to day advertising support to retail arms of key clients, focusing on consumer credit advertising and provide support to the team with consumer credit advertising advice to clients when required.
- Provide the team with weekly updates on ASA adjudications and recent advertising commentary.
- General support to dealer funding clients on general banking, corporate and commercial queries. To include drafting ad-hoc documents, carryout out ad-hoc legal research.
- Assisting in preparing client presentations, detailed client notes and legal research.
- Assisting legal advisors in the department with various general commercial law matters and commercial contract reviews.
- Assisting with the drafting of legal terms and conditions, particularly in relation to competitions and prize draws.
- Keeping up to date with legal updates and legislation changes and updating the team accordingly.
- Communicating effectively and confidently with clients and external solicitors (both in writing and by telephone) to provide advice and deal with initial queries.
- Managing matters for key clients, sometimes with short deadlines.
- Recording time and working towards billing targets set within the commercial team.
- Assisting with various other tasks as required.
Suitable candidates will be Degree and LPC or ILEX qualified and preferably 6-12 months previous legal experience within a paralegal role within a Commercial practice area. The law firm is also looking for Paralegals with the following:
- Excellent client care skills; Self confidence and ability to demonstrate initiative; Ability to grasp things quickly and easily; Enthusiastic with a positive, can do attitude; Good working knowledge of various applications - word, excel, outlook etc; Taking care and attention into all correspondence and documentation; Flexible with the ability to adapt to change, new practices and remain calm under pressure and find solutions; Excellent presentation skills reflected in their work; A methodical and organised approach with keen attention paid to every detail; Good organisational skills to ensure that the tasks are effectively scheduled within working time available, and that urgent work is completed and returned within the specified timescales; Friendly and helpful approach to dealing with queries; Excellent communication skills; Able to integrate within a team as well as working on ones own initiative; Ability to deliver a quality service to both internal and external clients.
This 12 month contract offers a generous salary and unrivalled learning opportunities. The firm have been awarded numerous awards for investing in their staff. The environment is dynamic and there is a lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity which makes this firm a fantastic place to work.