HS2 Property/Agriculture Solicitor
Wright Hassall is one of the largest, non-city based law firms in the West Midlands with a national reputation for its technical expertise. Ranked top tier in Chambers and Legal 500 the agricultural and estates team acts for landowners, farmers, tenants and rural business and has one of the leading legal specialists on the CAP.
In line with the firm’s growth strategy, Agriculture is one of our key priority sectors so this is a great opportunity to work within a high profile team.
We are looking for an ambitious HS2 Property/Agriculture Solicitor with 4+ years’ PQE to work either part time 20+ hours per week or full time.
HS2 Property/Agriculture Solicitor Job Responsibilities:
- Advising landowners, businesses and individual home owners on HS2 generally and advising them on their possible claims for statutory compensation or for compensation under one or more of the discretionary compensation schemes available;
- Liaising and working with agents acting for the client and for HS2 in relation to issues arising and claims;
- Applications for Homeowner payments; Need to Sell, Advance payments of compensation etc.;
- Assisting clients in seeking to agree mitigation measures and accommodation works on clients’ land to reduce the impact of HS2 construction and operation;
- Acting for clients in preparing and serving statutory blight notices;
- Acting for clients in appeals to counter-notices served by Department of transport refusing statutory blight notices served and assisting the Property Litigation team in pursing appeals to the Upper Tribunal;
- Reviewing (and negotiating where possible) Land Access agreements, Ground Investigation Agreements.
The successful HS2 Property/Agriculture Solicitor will need:
- General understanding and experience of the Compulsory Purchase ”Code” and law including the Compulsory Purchase process and statutory blight;
- General understanding of leases and tenancies, both commercial and agricultural;
- To be familiar (or be a quick learner) in respect of the various discretionary compensation schemes available in respect of HS2 – Homeowner payments scheme, Neel to Sell, Rural Support Scheme;
- To have an interest in agriculture and have experience of advising landowners and agricultural tenants;
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including 25 days annual leave (rising to 30 days), pension, car parking, training and development, private medical insurance, life assurance, healthcare scheme, subsidised gym membership, on-site café, childcare vouchers, and an active social committee.
Apply for HS2 Property/Agriculture Solicitor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly