Commercial Contracts Lawyer - 3 month contract
Our client is looking for an In-house Legal Counsel / Commercial Lawyer to join their highly regarded legal team for initially a 3-month contract. Based in Tower Hill, London this is a varied role involving drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts and agreements for a growing part of this global public listed business.
You will be assisting the business in drafting, reviewing and negotiating of high value, complex supplier contracts.
The ideal candidate:
- A strong grounding in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts is essential
- Provide specialist technology (IT), intellectual property and data protection advice as required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate legal issues in a business-friendly way and influence key stakeholders
- Able to effectively manage competing priorities and stakeholder expectations
- A UK qualified solicitor with strong academics and at least 4 years PQE
In-house experience would be desirable, especially of this has been gained in a technology or professional services business. The client would consider a private practice lawyer looking to move in-house who could point to good business and commercial skills. Experience of the technology sector would also be a big plus.
Our client envisages that candidates with 4+ years PQE plus will have the relevant skills / knowledge for this position, however this has been given as an approximate guide for applicants and our client is happy to consider the applications of candidates who fall outside of this PQE range but who have the relevant experience.
For more information on this great in-house opportunity please contact Simon Campbell at QED Legal. If this position isn't for you but you know someone who could be suitable then please let us know. We offer a reward fee for any successful referrals. For full details please see our website.