Head of Compliance
An exciting new opportunity has arisen within this commercial law firm in Newcastle for a Head of Risk and Compliance to lead the firm in maintaining their legal and regulatory requirements. A high level role, reporting to the Managing Partner on a daily basis, you will need the ability and skills to work independently. This is an exciting time to join the firm as they have recently embarked upon an ambitious growth strategy.
This is an ideal role for a qualified Lawyer, with experience of working in an SRA regulated environment, and seeking a change in career direction, or currently in a similar role but seeking a new challenge. Candidates seeking part time hours should also apply.
Main duties to include:
- To ensure best practice and compliance as required by the SRA.
- To represent the firm as their Compliance Officer for Legal Practice (COLP), Data Protection Officer (DPO) and Anti-Money Laundering Officer (AMLO).
- Perform risk assessments.
- Review and design a risk compliance framework.
- Lead on the annual Lexcel Accreditation process, the Law Society’s legal practice mark for practice management and client care.
- Ensure risk and compliance training is delivered.
You will need:
- To be a qualified Lawyer with experience of working in an SRA regulated or commercial practice.
- Some knowledge of data protection regulation and AML procedures,
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- The ability to multi-task, manage time effectively and keep calm under pressure.
Competitive salary and benefits package including contributory pension, 25 days holidays + bank holidays (rising to 30 days with length of service), life insurance, private medical insurance, competitive maternity and paternity benefits.
Apply for Head of Compliance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly