Private Client - Associate
An ambitious Solicitor seeking a step up to Associate is required to join this leading Legal 200 law Firm's Private Client team based in Milton Keynes.
The Private Client Team includes 13 members of STEP and provides a wide range of services and advice empowering families to define their unique long-term goals and legacy.
They are now seeking an Associate with a proven record of building business who can develop the Private Client offering and produce high quality legal services to clients on all aspects of private client work.
Your key duties will be:
- to focus on developing the Private Client team at Milton Keynes through active networking internally and externally
- drafting and advising on trusts, whether created by will or by lifetime gift, including reviewing existing trusts and will statutes
- administering complex estates and trusts
- completing IHT 100 and 400 forms competently and confidently
- to have the appropriate liaison with investment managers and brokers
- attending and running client meetings
- providing advice to clients on estates and capital taxes
- producing accounts for trusts, including trustee's minutes and executors meeting minutes
- drafting and filing income tax returns
- giving clear advice in correspondence and in person
- promoting the private client practice with clients and contacts
- carrying out legal research
- drafting and registering lasting Powers of Attorney
- running management of affairs files where partner is appointed Attorney or Deputy
- completing applications to the Court of Protection to include the appointment of deputies
- supervising one junior team member
You will have significant experience in all aspects of Private Client work and proven business development skills. STEP qualification or be working towards one would be beneficial along with some previous experience in managing or supervising others.
For further information please contact Christine Brannigan quoting CB13299 on 01279 464455 or send your CV