Data Protection Officer & Legal Counsel
This exciting In-House role will place you front and centre at a not for profit regulator / services authority. This organisation is the largest of its kind in the UK and regulates services, goods, content and many other services. The company works deals with innovative and technology focused work, they are a modern, forward-thinking and cutting-edge company.
This company places its staff at the heart of what it does, they have a reputation of developing and nurturing talent from within, with emphasis on staff progression, this has given them an unrivalled staff retention rate. The company has a forward-thinking view when it comes to flexible working, offering all staff agile working arrangements.
The company is seeking a Data Protection Officer / Legal Counsel to join their office based in the heart of the City of London.
You will report into the General Counsel and work as part of a close knit legal team. You will ensure that the company fulfils all obligations and requirements under UK and EU data protection law, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). You will advise different committees internally and support the legal team with advice and support the organisation in regards to regulatory risks and developments.
This role sits at management level, and comes with prospects for progression
- You will be a Barrister or a Solicitor with at least 5 years PQE (no upper limit in regards to the level of experience)
- You will be an excellent communicator
- You should be technically strong on Data Protection law and in particular GDPR
- A real self-starter who possesses a strong emphasis on professionalism, quality and timeliness of support
- This will be a varied and interesting role with good prospects for progression
- Salary will depend on your level of experience and background, plus an exceptional benefits package which includes very good pension contributions and private health cover
This is an excellent In-House opportunity for a Data Protection Officer / Legal Counsel to join their office based in the heart of the City of London.
Apply now or feel free to give me a call for a confidential conversation.