In-House Solicitor (2/3PQE) Hampshire
Salary £50,000 - 55, 000 per annum
Legal Counsel – UK
Aramark Northern Europe is currently recruiting for a Legal Counsel to join our UK team. This is a permanent position that reports into the Legal Director for UK and is based in Farnborough. This role will focus on general commercial advice however the successful candidate will be required to advise on a variety of topics including IP, company law, property law, data privacy and other compliance law of general application. In addition to broad experience and legal training, the role will involve engagement with senior stakeholders within the Aramark business up to and including main board level. As a member of the Northern European business and our international legal team, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with our Aramark colleagues internationally, particularly in Ireland, Germany and the US. The role offers a varied and interesting range of responsibilities and the experience and training of a well-established international legal team.
Who are we?
Aramark Northern Europe operates services on behalf of clients across the Europe Middle East and Asia Region and work in partnership with some of the world’s best known brands. Our businesses include food, property management and facility management services under the Aramark brand and retail business (Avoca). We are part of a global US organisation with an annual turnover in excess of $14bn and more than 270,000 employees.
Your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Providing strategic legal advice to assist in the delivery of the company’s commercial objectives
- Ensuring that legal risk is managed and that the business complies with both internal and group governance requirements.
- Implementation of and training to business areas on the contracts administration policy throughout the contract lifecycle from tender stage to negotiation, agreement, amendment and termination.
- Reviewing tenders and advising the business on the contractual and commercial risks of new business opportunities.
- Drafting and negotiation of client contracts including concession agreements, franchise agreements, leases and licences across the lines of business.
- Drafting and/or review of other non-core agreements such as non-disclosure agreements and consultancy arrangements.
- Management of litigation relating to the business with engagement of external counsel.
- Making licensing applications and participation in related audits.
- Assisting the Procurement team on supply/distribution contracts and supplier compliance generally.
- Engagement on international GDPR compliance project and data privacy compliance matters.
- Assisting the company secretary on general corporate governance matters applicable to UK company law (withassistance from external counsel where required)
Candidates must possess:
- Solicitor qualification with 2/3 years PQE
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong ability to build effective working relationships
- General corporate experience
- Aptitude for commercial thinking
- In-house experience (desirable but not essential)
- Strong drafting, communication and organisational skills
- Efficient and engaged work ethic
- Ability to manage time and prioritise workload
- Proficient at working towards competing deadlines
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence
Aramark Northern Europe is an equal opportunities employer