In House Media Paralegal Bristol
In House Paralegal - Bristol - Commercial Media IP Tech - 6-9 Month Fixed Term Contract - Part-Time
Your new company
Our client is an award winning, Bristol headquartered business specialising in film, TV and advertising. This business creates some of the most distinctive work of its kind.
Your new role
You will be joining the business as an In House Paralegal, providing commercial advice and legal services to all departments within the business, including: marketing, IP development, production, feature films, licensing, merchandising, digital and commercials. The Department also advises on protecting the company's intellectual property rights and brands.
You will also support the Head of Legal with;
· Production work including clearance requests and standard agreements.
· Drafting and issuing of standard production contracts.
· Negotiating and drafting talent and crew agreements.
· Drafting and issuing supply of services and licensing agreements.
· Clearance of underlying rights (eg music, stills, clips, etc) and negotiation of fees (where applicable).
· To liaise with crew on the clearance processes across both sites.
· To ensure that post-production paperwork is completed by all production teams.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have a genuine desire to work in the media industry and you should have paralegal experience in a legal setting whether in private practice or in house. An understanding of copyright law and drafting standard agreements would be beneficial, as would experience with a media company. You will have good academics with proven commercial acumen and drive.
What you'll get in return
You will be joining a team who are at the forefront of their field - this position is offered on an initial fixed term with the opportunity to progress available for the right candidate. You will receive a highly competitive starting package as well as free parking and the ability to work from home. Part time applicants will be considered.
Please contact Harriet Chapman at Hays Legal in complete confidence for further information on the role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for In House Media Paralegal Bristol
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly