Senior Data Protection Lawyer
We are currently working with a well-known TMT brand in their search for a Senior GDPR/Commercial Lawyer on an initial 3-6 month interim basis.
Working with the General Counsel, Legal Leadership Team, and Head of Legal – Data Protection, this individual will take ownership for pro-active business partnering in the provision of legal advice on privacy and data protection matters across the Company.
This role will assist in setting the company-wide privacy agenda in light of the evolving global privacy landscape, providing commercially focused, accurate, effective and timely legal advice, analysis and support to the business on a broad range of commercial, regulatory, strategic, and compliance matters.
Duties will cover and will not be limited to;
- the General Data Protection Regulation, ePrivacy Regulation, and other legislative and regulatory enhancements to the existing data protection legal regime and where full business readiness is imperative;
- “business as usual” data protection issues such as marketing consents, opt-outs, competitions, privacy policies and notices, data processing agreements, and international transfers of data;
- developing product offerings, and new use of data (e.g. customer analytics, data leveraging, insight, data profiling, advanced advertising); and
- commercial agreements of material importance to the business (e.g. outsourcing and subcontracting arrangements): incorporation of data protection and data protection clauses (including EU model clauses), and assessing the risk and implications of pertinent contractual terms.
- UK Qualified Solicitor or a similar jurisdiction
- Demonstrable legal proficiency in data protection, keen to evolve into an expert authority in the field.
- At least [four] years post-qualification experience in advising on significant data protection matters for a highly regulated, customer-rich, beloved national brand.
- Data Protection practitioner certifications preferred.
The role will commence from May 2018 on an initial 3-6 month contract with the scope of extension.
This is a superb opportunity for a well-rounded Data Protection focussed Lawyer to join a well-known brand in a highly autonomous and challenging role.
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained.
LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
Apply for Senior Data Protection Lawyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly