To undertake fee-earning work within the firm’s Travel and Holiday Claims Personal Injury Department. To achieve financial targets, both in respect of fee income and recording chargeable hours. To contribute towards the general success of the department as determined by reference to the Department’s business plan. There will be a supervisory element to this role.
This will include but is not limited to the responsibilities below;
- To take responsibility for the conduct a caseload of Fast-Track and Multi-Track Travel/Holiday personal injury cases from initial instruction to conclusion, (primarily holiday illness/accident claims, with work funded on CFA and BTE/LEI terms).
- To manage aspects relating to the performance of fee-earning staff.
- To manage the efficient and prompt progression of cases and ensure cases are concluded to financial targets.
- To undertake risk-assessments and liaise directly with clients and third parties.
- To maintain high standards in the conduct of all work and maintain the highest level of professional standards and client care at all times.
- To build and maintain strong professional working relationships with external institutions and organisations.
- To adhere to the professional Code of Conduct and comply with the firm’s internal policies, best practices and procedures as updated from time to time and to comply with all applicable legislation applicable to the legal profession and to all relevant quality standards.
- Through training keep fully up to date with relevant legislation and best practice.
- Promote and actively participate in marketing activities and initiatives within the Travel Department and firm generally.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all firm-wide and client documentation and that information is protected at all times.
- To work with a case management system, databases and office IT systems.
- Compliance with the firms Money Laundering and Data Protection Policies.
- Strong interpersonal and practical skills including demonstrable negotiation skills.
- An ability to prioritise work when necessary.
Experience / Knowledge / Qualifications
- A competent and demonstrable knowledge of Travel and Holiday Personal Injury Law, including procedural and practical skills
- 5 GCSE (to include Maths & English) or equivalent.
- Strong IT Skills with the ability to work with a Case Management System, databases and normal office IP systems.
- Experience of working with the general public and demonstrate a sensitive and cooperative approach to clients.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Civil procedure and protocols.
- A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity.
- A degree or ILEX or equivalent.
- A fee-earning track record with proven results and evidence of hitting financial targets