Lawyer – Assistant Executive – Employment Rights
Vacancy: Lawyer – Assistant Executive – Employment Rights
Salary: £28,879 - £33,693
Closing date for applicants: 18 May 2018
Are you an expert Employment Rights Lawyer?
Hungry to work on high profile cases?
Then look no further as Thompsons Solicitors has just the opportunity for you.
We are the most experienced trade union, employment rights and claimant personal injury law firm in the UK. Established since 1921 we have been able to build a diverse team of professionals who take immense pride in providing high quality legal services to the victims of injury and are passionate about protecting the rights of working people. Want to join us?
We are currently looking for a talented Lawyer to join us in our Cardiff office to run a caseload of employment rights cases. You will be a team player with the ability develop and maintain excellent client relationships and will be keen to engage in marketing and business development opportunities.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Employment Rights Lawyer who will be responsible for managing straightforward employment advice and/or representation matters, such as, unfair dismissals, wages claims, settlement agreements, and some less complicated discrimination claims whilst working under supervision. The role will involve conducting and managing case load, including taking appropriate daily decisions involving considerable exercise of judgment, subject to supervision.
In return, you will have the opportunity to advance your career by working on a diverse portfolio of cases, which will include highly-prestigious and interesting Employment Rights cases. You will also receive invaluable training from leading lawyers in the Employment Rights field, offering unrivalled professional growth and development. You will find a collaborative and friendly working environment and an excellent work/life balance.
- Experience of advising on and conducting Employment Tribunal claims
- Good knowledge of Employment Tribunal rules of procedure and the litigation process
- Ability to assess and advise on the prospects of success and value of Employment Tribunal claims
- Admitted Solicitor or FILEX
- Someone who is self-sufficient and thrives in a busy working environment
- Excellent communication and client care skills, demonstrating an ability to empathise with vulnerable clients is essential
- Empathy with the Labour Trade movement is desirable
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Extensive benefits package which includes contributory pension scheme, permanent health insurance, life assurance
- 27 days annual leave (in addition to bank holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Annual travel and parking loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Financial assistance for professional development
Thompsons believes in equality and is an Equal Opportunities employer promoting diversity within the workplace.
No agencies please.