CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes a majority of the Fortune 2000 companies, but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution sets that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit www.CA.com/innovation.
To strengthen its UK/Ireland legal team, the CA global legal department is seeking a
Your main focus will be on supporting CA Technologies’ business in a variety of commercial and IT law matters. In this role, you’ll work closely with our sales team and other internal functions, our customers and our partners to individually provide legal advice, negotiate agreements and help bring transactions to closure, but also to support the business with an interesting variety of business related legal work.
You will be strengthening our UK/Ireland legal team that is part of the globally organized CA legal department and operates from our UK office location. As a valuable contributor to the business you’ll have the opportunity to see and get involved in many areas while being part of a professional and experienced team.
Your key responsibilities
- To review, revise, negotiate standard and non-standard licensing and services agreements including SaaS contracts mainly for the North region (UKI, Nordic countries);
- To provide legal guidance, training and enablement to the members of the sales organization;
- To provide legal support to other departments including the Finance-, Procurement-, HR, Marketing departments;
- To assist with and advise on corporate legal matters and projects;
- To participate in global and regional projects within the legal department.
- A Masters Law degree with some post-qualified experience (PQE), preferably gained in or in relation to the software/ IT industry;
- Experience with negotiating complex licensing, SaaS and IT services agreements is strongly preferred;
- A demonstrated ability to learn quickly; well-organized, can handle and forward thinking;
- Strong social skills required to gain trust and effective rapport with the team, our internal clients and external customers and their negotiators/counsel;
- Ability to adapt quickly and maintain agility in a fast-paced environment and field;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
Nice to haves:
- Work experience in an international environment and/or outside the UK;
- Legal knowledge or work experience in any of the Nordics countries (DK, SE, NO, FI), or language skills of any of the Nordics countries;
- Experience and/or knowledge with data privacy regulations, including GDPR;
You can look forward to working as a member of a cross borders legal team in a truly international business environment of a global company with more than 11.000 employees worldwide, with a lot of opportunity for professional growth and personal development.
CA Technologies has its offices at the Ditton Park estate (Datchet/Slough), including a Montessori Day Care facility, Full cafeteria and coffee bar, fully equipped gym with free daily exercise classes for all employees, park, tennis courts, parking facilities and easily accessible by car and public transport, and has offices in the City (London).
The annual salary offered will be adjusted to align with your personal qualifications and experience. As a CA Technologies employees you’ll benefit from 25 days holiday, pension, life assurance, medical, dental and childcare (leave/vouchers) schemes as well as other additional benefits.
Apply for Legal Counsel
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly