We are looking for a newly qualified solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive to work in our Bristol office to work as part of a Multi-Track team to assist the Grade A Lead Solicitor handle a case-load of Multi Track value personal injury claims on behalf of Claimants.
The claim type will be a mixed case-load of Employer’s Liability, Occupiers Liability and Public Liability accidents. The damages banding of the case-load will comprise of Multi Track value claims ranging from £ 25,000 up to £ 500,000. The solicitor will also be responsible for dealing with allocation hearings and allocation tactics to get higher value injury cases allocated to the multi- track and will require in addition a knowledge of the Low Value Injury Protocol, the Quadar v Esure case law .
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the lead solicitor to manage caseload, fee earning, working independently with some limited admin support.
- Detailed knowledge of Personal Injury work in the area of Employer’s Liability, Occupiers Liability and Public Liability
- Detailed knowledge of the CPR – with a particular emphasis on the Multi Track and application of the Low Value Personal Injury Protocol , Fixed Costs arguments in Multi Track cases and Quadar v Esure case law.
- To possess good litigation skills to include all procedural, advocacy and practical skills
- Detailed knowledge of costs budgeting process
- To conduct own advocacy on interlocutory applications and Case Management Hearings
- To work efficiently and proportionately having regard to the likely damages value and to the new forthcoming fixed costs regime
- To work independently with minimal Counsel input apart from Trial representation
- To ensure that core competency requirements are maintained and certified
- To conduct a caseload of matters on behalf of clients as directed and in accordance with the Firm’s file management and supervisory policy
- To maintain a diary and bring up entries in accordance with the firm procedures
- To work with a case management system, databases and normal office IT systems, including the firm’s HR, L&D and recruitment tools and work in a paperless environment
- To work independently with access to limited secretarial and administrative support
- Detailed knowledge of relevant Court forms and procedures
- Compliance with the firms Money Laundering Procedures and the Data Protection Act
- If necessary conduct appraisals and performance reviews
- Ensure all statutory and compliance obligations are met
- Participation in the development, marketing and success of the Serious Injury department to include developing the website business and working with charities aligned to serious injury