Vacancy: Senior Lawyer - Housing Disrepair Personal Injury
Office: The role can be based in any of our offices
We are currently looking for a talented lawyer to join one of our national offices, representing clients who have suffered personal injury as a result of housing disrepair. The role will involve handling your own caseload of litigated and non-litigated cases, from instruction to settlement/trial, with a full range in value including some significant multi track claims.
You will have the confidence and ability to take appropriate daily decisions on cases, involving a considerable amount of judgement and autonomy. We will support you with supervision, mentoring and training.
We are the most experienced trade union, employment rights and claimant personal injury law firm in the UK. We are committed to using the law to secure justice for people.
- 2 years+ experience in conducting housing disrepair personal injury claims (to include accident and disease) claims is essential
- Significant knowledge of the relevant law and procedure
- Someone who is self-sufficient and thrives in a busy working environment
- Excellent communication and client care skills; demonstrating an ability to empathise with vulnerable clients is essential
- Empathy with the Labour and Trade Union movement is desirable
What We Offer
- A collaborative and friendly working environment
- A full package of skills-based and knowledge-based training
- Competitive salary
- Extensive benefits package which includes contributory pension scheme, permanent health insurance, life assurance
- 29 days annual leave (in addition to bank holidays)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Annual travel and parking loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Financial assistance for professional development