Simpson Millar LLP recognise that everyone wants a service that suits their needs, which is why we have developed a range of products and services that are simple, transparent and have no hidden surprises. We provide a wide range of legal services, including: Family, Clinical Negligence, Personal Injury, Public Law, conveyancing, employment, road traffic accidents and holiday claims.
We now have a vacancy in our Kingston office for a Conveyancer to work with our customers to understand what they need and to deliver the right resolution, providing an effortless journey throughout.
Main Purpose of Job: Undertake fee-earning work to achieve agreed operational targets in respect of case numbers. To contribute towards the successful development of the department in line with the business plan. This will include but not be limited to the main responsibilities given below.
- Conduct of matters on behalf of clients
- Maintain and build relationships with clients and referrers
- Management of team to include support
- Financial control with particular regard to cash flow control through collection of monies on account both individually and for the team.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all firm and client documentation and information
- Maintain high standards in the processing of client work, both in respect of professional standards and client care individually and for the team.
- Maintain good professional working relationships with external institutions and organisations
- To adhere to and to promote compliance with the SRA Handbook and CQS; to the firm’s policies, practices and procedures as set down in the firm’s Office Manual; to legislation applicable to the profession and to any relevant quality standards
- Through training and other means, to keep fully up to date with relevant legislation and practice
- Promote and participate in marketing activities whether on a firm wide, departmental or office basis
- To ensure the team hits their operational targets.
- Carry out regular transactional monitoring audits.
- Monitor team’s performance to include case duration and complex matters.
- Undertake case management, workflow and paperless development projects supported by the Head of Department
- 3 or more years qualified Solicitor or equivalent ie ILEX/Licencsed Conveyancer
- Keyboard accuracy with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Preferably case management Software experience
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Pleasant but assertive manner
- Efficient, organised and ability to use own initiative
- Results orientated
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to handle a high workload