Role Purpose: To assist the day to day running of the office and assist fee earners across the office with all administrative tasks as and when they arise to ensure an efficient and professional working practice.
An opportunity has arisen for an Administrator. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
Providing general administration assistance throughout the office supporting various Departments to include:
- Open all Incoming Post and DX, Date Stamp, scan onto system
- Frank and DX all evening post
- Ensure that all Recorded/Special Deliveries are dealt with appropriately
- Ensure that the post room is checked for any post in the afternoon.
- Ensure all post has a file reference and if not search for the client on Alexis and/or SIMPIL
- Ensure post and DX is checked by a Partner before distributing to fee earners
- Assist with distributing incoming faxes to the correct people at regular intervals throughout the day
- Audio Typing
- Copy typing
- Downloading dictation by float department and print documents and assemble any documents
- Researching information
- Entering data entry and management of information onto the in house case management system
- Manage upkeep of physical files
- Corresponding with departments and external contacts
- Dealing with new enquiries through Alexis
- Preparing instructions to Counsel and trial bundles
- Attending court to issue documents and attend with fee earner and Counsel as and when required
- Make appointments and meetings as and when appropriate.
- Assist with stationery orders and keeping the stationery cupboards clean and tidy
- Writing cheques and completing FT forms to ensure procedures are adhered to
- All further office tasks as required and specified
Due to the nature of the work, we can only consider candidates over the age of 18
The successful candidate will have:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Ability to carry out instructions as given
- Knowledge of Excel spread sheets
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a friendly and cooperative approach towards clients and colleagues
- Willingness to learn
- A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
The dress code is smart professional office attire.