We are looking for a Commercial Solicitor to join the legal team at our European Headquarters in Stockley Park.
You will be providing assistance and support on legal and regulatory matters arising from Sharp group’s operation in Europe, including the following areas of law: competition, commercial contract, equipment leasing, consumer rights and intellectual property.
In addition to 25 days’ holidays (plus bank holidays), Sharp offer a range of benefits including cycle to work, discounted gym membership and child care vouchers. We also offer a Flexible Benefits scheme to all our colleagues (this includes high street & cinema discounts, gadget scheme, Critical Illness & Dental Insurance, holiday trading & much more).
1. To provide general commercial legal advice across all levels of the business in Europe to ensure
a. Compliance with relevant legislation, regulation and corporate governance; and
b. That a proper account is taken of material legal risks identified and the Group’s position is mitigated and protected; and
c. That the Group’s strategic and commercial objectives are met
2. To provide assistance to the Legal Counsel (Europe) in all matters arising from day to day business.
3. To assist in drafting and negotiating commercial agreements. These include distribution agreements, IT outsourcing/service contracts, SaaS/ASP supply contracts, general service and supply agreements and other commercial agreements as needed.
4. To attend relevant board and committee meetings in the UK and, if necessary, in other European cities.
5. To monitor new law relevant to the business
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
• QBE (2 – 5 years, does not have to be in house).
• Knowledge of the following areas of law: competition, commercial contract, equipment leasing, consumer rights and intellectual property.
• Articulate, honest and authoritative – able to influence or motivate a group or individual.
• Able to communicate unwelcome or uncomfortable news with clarity and precision whilst being constructive.
• Knowledge of additional European language would be beneficial.
About Sharp Electronics Europe
At Sharp Electronics Europe, the European subsidiary of Japan’s Sharp Corporation - a company known worldwide for its ground-breaking electronic products and solutions – our mission is to develop innovative products that support individual expression. Creating life-enhancing experiences that let you Be Original.
Sharp business products boost your productivity and reduce costs. With a comprehensive portfolio of award-winning document management and display solutions, Sharp helps businesses to create, manage, visualise and share information. From MFPs to document management solutions, video walls to interactive flat panel displays, Sharp’s expanding range of workplace technologies and services are designed to support new ways of working, whether it’s for your home or organisation, we provide the solutions you’re looking for.
Sharp is a leading specialist in solar energy solutions, with over 55 years’ experience in creating safe, efficient, sustainable energy. Our products help businesses and homeowners take control of their electricity costs and reduce their environmental impact.
We are dedicated to improving people's lives through the use of advanced technology and a commitment to innovation, quality, value, and design. We invite you to find out more about us at www.sharp.eu
Click the apply now button or click here to apply.