Defendant Catastrophic Personal Injury Solicitors
Our client is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards and achieved record rankings in Chambers UK 2017
They are looking for a 2PQE+ Defendant PI solicitor yo join the Large loss team in Leicester
The national Large Loss team provides an expert, experienced legal service dealing with claims involving injuries of the utmost severity and more complex technical insurance work. The Large Loss team handles claims reserved at a minimum of £500,000, representing around £750 million of client reserves. The majority of claims they deal with are motor, but they also cover employers' liability, public liability and product liability, as well as substantial dependency fatality claims. Typical cases involve brain, spinal and amputation injuries.
To assist partners and other senior lawyers with their caseloads of pre-litigated and litigated high value (£500k-£3m) defendant personal injury cases.
- Assist in reviewing case upon instruction
- Assist in initial investigations and in reporting to clients/prepare internal strategy report as appropriate
- Review and analyse databases and make further investigations as appropriate
- Liaise with other solicitors, insurers, police, HSEand witnesses to gather evidence
- Instruct various experts as appropriate
- Control Case Manager Diary and action lists
- Attend at court hearings as appropriate
- Attend conferences and JSMs as directed by partner, subject to client approval
- Draft letters, reports, reserve sheets and action plans as directed
- Direct contact with client as delegated
- Complete Client MI procedures and update Large Loss database
- Achieve set financial and chargeable targets
- Comply with Data Protection Compliance and Procedures
- Comply with CPR/rehabilitation protocol
- Keep up to date with legal developments in high value personal injury
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
The person specification
- Experience of defendant high value multi-track personal injury litigation work, specifically Employers' Liability
- Excellent knowledge of the CPR and litigation
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and targets
- Ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.