Job title: Trainee Solicitor (Fluent Cantonese and Mandarin essential to assist with the firm’s large Chinese client base)
Main duties and responsibilities:
Candidates will work alongside the Family and Conveyancing Partners :
1. Attend advocates’ meeting before hearings and prepare position statements
2. Represent clients at Interim and Final hearings;
3. Submit Family Legal Help claims online;
4. Draft statements and letters of instruction to experts;
5. See clients whose children are subject to social services’ involvement, advise them verbally and by letter and draft statements.
7. See clients who are detained under Mental Health Act in hospital and also in prison.
8. Assist with leasehold and freehold conveyancing files including drafting Land Registry Applications, letters to clients, solicitors etc.
2. Attend clients and draft wills. Explain each clause in the Will to clients;
3. Deal with probate files
Location: Woolwich, London
Salary package (including allowances): £24,700.00
Skills, qualifications and experience:
1. Due to our firm’s Chinese and Vietnamese client base, candidates need to speak Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese fluently.
2. A minimum 2.2 LLB and have completed or are about to complete the LPC.
3. Previous Legal experience preferred
4. Commercial awareness
5. Candidates who are able to match the drive and determination of the firm in achieving the best results for our clients.
6. Due to our firm’s Chinese and Vietnamese client base, candidates need to speak Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese fluently.
If this role is interested of you, please send your CV to Mr J D Sharp, email@example.com before 5pm on 13 July 2018.