Litigation Legal Advisor
Litigation Legal Advisor
As one of the top providers of insurance and legal services things need to happen fast here at Carpenters. We're transforming at an unprecedented rate, becoming a leading provider of both legal and insurance services. To support our continued growth and transformation we are looking to increase headcount in our Litigation departments across the country.
We are passionate about providing a first class service to our customers. We may be speaking to our customers after a serious road traffic accident or after a minor collision. It is the duty of our professional customer agents to ensure our customers feel comfortable with their next steps delivered in a caring and compassionate manner by every member of our team at every step of our interaction with them.
What started as a small family run business has transformed over the last 24 years into an organisation of around 900 employees based at 6 locations across the UK. This growth is a testament to the great work we conduct within the industry on behalf of the insurers we have built long lasting relationships with over the years.
Today, we handle more than 1.2 million insurance calls and over 1 million legal calls per year and service over 80,000 legal customers a year.
We’ve got a clear vision. It’s to have the right people with the right skills, using the right technology; whenever and however the customer chooses to interact.
About the role
- Responsible for a high volume caseload of Fast Track Personal Injury RTA claims, making use of the firm’s Case Management Systems and using the agreed internal procedures and practices.
- To progress your caseload in a manner to ensure that clients receive appropriate, professional, timely and pertinent legal advice, with regular contact, whilst managing their expectations.
- To be able to assess liability and quantum to include reviewing medical reports, researching and obtaining relevant case law, drafting schedules of special damages and assessing suitable awards for compensation.
- Take a practical but commercial approach to settlements and advising clients as to litigation/cost risks.
- To achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to, for example, profit costs and issuing, without compromising the firm’s integrity.
Our people are at the heart of our business and are the key to our success. We offer great career prospects and development opportunities. Our people adopt the organisations values and these values are reflected in everything we do here at Carpenters. These values drive us to be the best, do the right thing for our customers and our people and ensure we are agile and adaptive, providing innovative solutions, and supporting each other.
As well as demonstrating these values you will also need to meet the following criteria to apply;
- At least 2 years previous experience of managing your own caseload of Fast Track RTA litigated claims.
- Excellent litigator with strong drafting skills and the ability to negotiate appropriate settlements at the optimum time.
- A solid working knowledge of the CPR, legislation and relevant case law
- Competent working with a case management system and good knowledge of MS Office.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting “Law Society online”
NO AGENCIES PLEASE