Title: Solicitor - Civil Actions against the Police and Public Authorities
Location: East London
Salary: Competitive and dependant on experience
Contract Full Time & Permanent
Ashmans Solicitors is a Legal 500 recognised national firm of solicitors with offices in East London, Sheffield and Dewsbury. The firm has departments in Criminal Defence, Personal Injury, Civil Actions against the Police and Public Authorities, Family and Children Law.
We are committed to legally aided work and have successfully been awarded a new Civil Contract starting in 2018 for Civil Actions against the Police and Public Authorities at our office in East London. We are now looking to set up our team and are looking for exceptional staff to launch and grow our new department.
We are currently looking to recruit a committed and experienced Solicitor to join our East London team. The successful candidate must also be able to satisfy the Legal Aid Agency Supervisor status for Actions against the Police/Claims against Public Authorities.
The candidate must also be able to handle their own case load and also demonstrate their ability and experience in dealing with the following type of matters:
- Civil Liberties
- Actions against Police
- Police Complaints
- Unlawful Searches
- Malicious Prosecution
- False Imprisonment
- Assault & Battery
- Human Rights in Healthcare
- Death in Custody
- Equality & Discrimination
- Human Rights
- Claims for Miscarriage of Justice
- Judicial Review
This is a rare and challenging opportunity, which offers excellent career prospects for the right candidate.
- The successful candidate must be highly experienced in a broad range of public and privately funded Actions against Police work.
- The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a proven track record in dealing with these types of cases.
- The successful candidate must have a strong ability to manage and supervise and be able to demonstrate the same.
- Must be able to demonstrate continuous professional development throughout their career.
- Be professional and have a pro-active approach with the ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Have excellent client care skills to include the ability to successfully market the company and generate new business.
- Good IT Skills including all Microsoft packages and experience of working with a case management system
To apply, please send your cv to email@example.com