Intellectual Property, Trademarks & Data Protection (Legal) Advisor
Intellectual Property, Trademarks & Data Protection (Legal) Advisor on the IoD Directors’ Advisory Service
The IoD is the UK’s number one organisation for business leaders. A non-party political business organisation founded by Royal Charter in 1903, we have around 30,000 members representing a broad spectrum of business across the UK.
We are looking for an expert to join our panel of self-employed experienced professional Advisors. Our Advisors commit to holding weekly sessions in which they assist IoD members with the day-to-day challenges of running their businesses, relevant to the Advisors’ expertise.
The successful candidate would have:
- Expertise in intellectual property, copyright, data protection (including GDPR), trademarks, patents and licensing is required in order to provide advice on these subjects to IoD members.
- Additional areas of expertise in company law or company secretarial practice would be advantageous.
- The Advisor needs to be able to relate to the problems of members running small and medium-sized businesses and to be able to give friendly advice and support.
- Advisors need to be good listeners with the ability to lead members towards solving their own problems.
- Ideally, at some stage in their career they should have had experience of both large and small companies, since IoD member can come from any size of company.
The candidate would need to commit to a regular two to four hour session (by agreement) per week at Pall Mall. This needs to be at the same time each week. It is helpful if, on occasion, the Advisor is able to take enquiries away from the IoD by telephone.
During each session between two and six enquiries will be scheduled either as phone calls, or as personal visits from members.
Fees are currently £183 per four-hour session. Travelling expenses are not paid. Advisors are self-employed.
Please send a CV and covering letter explaining your experience and suitability to email@example.com, quoting the reference DAS/IP by the closing date of 31 July.